Not that Jackson totally understands what is going on yet, because we haven't exactly sat down and told him that he is going to be a big brother, but we did have him take this series of super cute photos. I LOVE the excited face he made on the "I'm Going to Be a Big Brother" one. It was perfect.
We have introduced the idea of having a baby brother or a baby sister. If you ask him, he says that he wants both. Don't worry, there is only ONE heartbeat in this oven. (Thank goodness!!) Jackson keeps changing his mind on if he wants a baby brother (which he will call elephant) or a baby sister (which he will call alligator)!!
We are officially 14 1/2 weeks pregnant today and I FINALLY got to see my mama and sisters and shared the good news with them. With this pregnancy, we had decided that we were going to wait until we could tell our family face to face. Unfortunately, between me being sick and missing Ayden's birthday and busy season, I didn't get to see them until now.
So to back track a little, we discovered we were pregnant on Sunday, March 3. It was a little unexpected (although we were trying), but we were still happy about it. We were 5 weeks and 2 days at this time. So I called the doctor's office and made an appointment for March 13, which put us just shy of 7 weeks. By the time the first appointment approached, I was really starting to experience "morning" sickness. I say "morning" because it was lasting ALL day. I could barely eat or drink anything. I didn't WANT to eat anything, but I knew that I had to.
I ended up having an early ultrasound at 7 weeks 5 days. Heartbeat was around 155bpm. Based on the timing of the ultrasound, Josh couldn't make it. There really wasn't too much to see. Baby Elsass #2 really only looks like a peanut. But you could see the little heart just a pumping away, which was a good sign. The baby was also measuring exactly 7 weeks and 5 days. Right on target. Now, the plan is to keep it that way and hopefully go at least 4 days early like Big Brother Jackson did!!
The couple of weeks following these were horrendous. The "morning" sickness got worse. While we were in Dayton for Grandma Elsass's funeral, I though I wasn't going to make it. It was a terrible weekend. It was really all down hill from there. The next weekend, we were supposed to go to Ayden's birthday party, but we didn't make it to that. I ended up with a respiratory infection, that in conjunction with the morning sickness, really knocked me on my butt. We missed the party. The next weekend was Easter. I thought I was okay enough to ride in the car and hang out for the weekend. I was wrong. It was awful.
The Monday after Easter, I had to call the doctor. I had lost 6 pounds and at one point, I was puking water. Yes, I said water. It was awful. They got me in the afternoon and prescribed Zofran, which is a mild anti-nasuea medication. It seemed to help, but it took DAYS to get even a little appetite back. I did finally start eating a little bit, but food just doesn't taste the same and most of it doesn't even really taste good.
After getting back to a somewhat normal lifestyle (which means spending less time in bed and with my head in the toilet), busy season started to come to an end. No big plans for the day after tax day. Just a movie with a good friend. That evening, however, turned into an eventful one. I had been fine all day and then all of a sudden, I got this severe pain on the far right side of my abdomen and it wouldn't go away. Of couse, it was after 5pm, so I called the after hours number after about 15 minutes of this pain not letting up. They told me that if it had been more the 20 minutes and it was still severe, I need to go to the ER. Great. Just what I wanted to do. Josh and Jackson hauled me to the ER only for them to find NO reason for the pain. They checked gall bladder, appendix, kidneys, ovaries, placenta.... all the bad stuff. Everything seemed fine. I didn't FEEL fine. They ended up sending me home after 2.5 hours and $200 and told me to take Tylenol and use a heat pad. Awesome. The pain lasted for two more days and then finally stopped. Here's what I got out of the ER visit:
This was at 11 weeks 4 days. Everything checked out just fine. The heatbeat was around 155 still. The picture is a little crazy to me. I guess I am just really used to seeing the profile picture rather than the this view. The baby has his/her hand up by his/her face. They checked everything out and the baby was still measuring right on target. Since I was at the ER, Josh didn't get to see this ultrasound either. Maybe he'll make it to the 20 week one when we find out what the baby is. (Which I believe already is a girl, since it is COMPLETELY different pregnancy than Jackson's and this one is already trying to kill me!)
So after a couple of bad days, things started to look up again. I had my 12 week appointment at 12 weeks 3 days. They had scheduled another ultrasound then, which is the "normal first" ultrasound. Everything is still looking good. The heartbeat was a little faster this time, upwards of 170.
The last two weeks have been better, although still not great. I still have moments of "morning" sickness and my whole body is aching. I think I need to go get a massage. Thankfully, my sister and my tax buddy got me some spa gift cards. I am going to have to pick a day and go. It'll probably only help in the moment, but at least for those moments it'll feel good!
Next Appointment: May 20

No comments:
Post a Comment